Capturing customer attention online on branded company websites, social media and mobile phone apps has given rise to the concept of ‘customer engagement’.
cScape (2008) describe customer engagement as:
“repeated interactions that strengthen the emotional, psychological or physical investment a customer has in a brand”.
This coursework requires you to identify a brand of your own choice whilst evaluating the ways in which the brand in question secures customer and wider audience engagement through the use of digital marketing strategies (i.e. content development strategy, customer interaction strategy, customer experience strategy, or social media strategies) that are deployed by that brand. Answers should, in addition critically evaluate the ways in which these strategies might support or detract from your chosen brand’s future digital marketing strategies
• Produce a brief introduction to your chosen online brand (approximately 200 words).
• Write a brief review of current literature relating to the use of digital marketing and social media as a strategy for online brands, (approximately 400-600 words).
• Discuss the various dimensions of how consumers and audiences engage with social media and digital marketing (approximately 300-400 words).
• Critically evaluate the digital marketing strategy of your chosen brand. Be prepared to comment on
o their e-communications mix
o how they use particular touchpoints to reach key influencers and audiences/consumers.
o how they engage with those audiences and consumers
o how they enhance customer engagement (i.e. content development strategy, customer interaction strategy, customer experience strategy, social media strategies etc.)
o their digital “architecture”
o customer engagement conversion strategy
(approximately 800 words).
• Suggest any recommendations for the business to enhance customer engagement and customer loyalty and justify these suggestions, (approximately 200 words).
The above word counts are for guideline only, and these bullet points are for guidance only as the structure of your essay is your own choice. NB please note that the suggested guideline word-counts may be useful in structuring the assignment’
• The assignment should be clearly presented in in standard essay style, using the Harvard reference system and written to a word limit of 2000 words.
• You are allowed a discretionary word count allowance of +/- 10% consistent with University conventions.
NB For up-to-date information about hand-in deadlines for this module please access the link below to FASer.
• Assignments should demonstrate evidence of wider reading around sources taught on digital customer engagement and digital communications research as taught on the Be 518 module.
• You may also use contemporary commentary and materials drawn from practitioner articles in Campaign, Marketing, Marketing Week etc. These can be included in the Bibliography.
• Assignments should be accurately referenced as stated detailed in the EBS undergraduate handbook – please note that poor or inaccurate referencing can cost mark. The updated UG handbook is very explicit about plagiarism offences and moodle pages.